Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Reflection

IMG_3833
Shinto Religion Poster

Purpose: To practice  our our oral speaking skills for when present the poster. It also helps us exercise our visual aid representation( example: using pictures/images, key notes and ideas, structure). Since some of us went into pairs or small groups, it it's also helping us build our collaboration skills with our peers.


2 Stars

1. Our( Jenny and I) information was simple but easy for others to understand.For example we didn't go into anything too complex or have extra information that wasn't needed. Wee kept them short because of space management and using pictures instead of words
\

2. We put each one into specific categories and organized our topics pretty well. It made everything easier to read and follow. We also divided things into sub-topics(ex. Code of conduct into ten precepts of Shinto)

1 Wish

We could have thought more about our placement and spacing of certain info. So that it doesn't look so clumped together, Because some of the pictures in the "Ten Precepts of Shinto" was cutting into the shrine picture that we drew, overlapping some of the parts. So when could have planned out our spacing better so that things don't look packed together


                                                                           


Renaissance Poster
Displaying image.jpg

Purpose: Create a graphic organizer for all the notes that we took on the Renaissance visually on the poster. To show how much we learned about the Renaissance and learn how to create an effective graphic organizer( eg. include other graphs, colour code, link notes , create topics and sub-topics)

Crieteria:

  • well-organized - there is consistency in use of colours, symbols/shapes. “fonts”, white space (not too crowded or illegible)

Yes, because I colour coded my work and used a legend to help people foloow each arrow or coloured line. I was able to keep a good spacing between each so that it doesn't look too crowded around each topic area.

  • appropriate title, name

I named it "Renaissance" because it made sense. We were studying the Renaissance so it would make sense to name my poster something that is aboutthe Renaissance. I also wrote my name on the top corner of the paper.

  • use of other graphic organizers, symbolism. metaphors or analogies to convey a depth of understanding

I used charts, a fish-bone and a Venn diagram to show more learning. I also used the lotus flowers that surrounds my title as another way of learning( lotus in flower language means to be reborn or rebirth)

  • to show a variety of connections (there should be consistency and meaning behind types of lines- eg. thickness, colour, dotted or solid,...)
    • use of connecting phrases or words on the lines to aid in understanding

I find that my lines were not as neat as I wanted them to be, some I had to fix and others I had to change the placement so that the arrows aren't clumped together, it was so I could separate them.
However, the lines have been able to work out in the end

  • use of own words to make meaning

Yes. I met this because many of my notes, are in note form. There are some that are in small sentences(eg. Leonardo Da Vinci's bio)
But the majorty of them are in note form


  • visual images and diagrams that enhance and support textual meaning


Yes for many of the sub-topics I used pictures to represent each one. For example: in the "Arts" section, I represented painting and art as a splatter of paint. Music, I used a music note and for Literature I used a quill and paper.

  • a legend

Yes I put a legend at the bottom right corner

OVERALL: Based off of these criteria I'd have to give myself an A-





WHAT I LEARNED THE MOST
What I learned how to create a graphic organizer, through all the samples that were available on the white board and the criteria on the blog. I learned that using a graphic organizer for big topics like this one for example is a great way to show how much you learn without having to write something like an essay.

WHAT I'M MOST PROUD OF
I'm most proud of, is the growth between each graphic organizers. You see the improvement because now I have more knowledge on how to create one. I can see the improvement from the first time. Though it was a lot of info, I was able to get it done and through all of this. I'm quite happy with what I was able to accomplish.

Shirley. C


No comments:

Post a Comment