Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Religion and Renaissance Posters Reflections


Religion Posters - Shinto
IMG_3833
The Purpose;
is to excerise our research skills, note-making and visual represention (e.x. images, key words, graphic organizing.). It also demonstrates our ability to collaborate, manage our priorities, and presenting using a visual aid.

1st Star ~ I feel that we used alot of visual aids in this poster, such as illustrating the 10 concepts. It makes the poster look eye-catching and easier to read (compared to writing).
2nd Star ~ I think another thing we did well was organizing the information. An example of this is the Shinto Teachings which we did in the format of the main idea first, and then the sub-idea followed by details. Therefore, it was easy to follow and understand.
1 wish ~ I wished we could've out a bit more information, because in some places it is a bit scarce (e.x. in the Belief sector). More information would've lengthened the presentation and made some parts more detailed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Renaissance
image
The Purpose:
The purpose f this is to organize alot of information(because the Renaissance is a vague topic) and to organize all of it visually and colour code it for easy access. another purpose is to use graphic organizers and to show a 'variety of connections'.

I'd say I would give myself an A- or an A, because of the criteria I met;
  • well-organized - there is consistency in use of colours, symbols/shapes. “fonts”, white space (not too crowded or illegible) ~ I met this criteria because I colour-coded my work and used rounded boxes for main ideas and boxes for details.
  • appropriate title, name ~ met this criteria because I put The Renaissance as the title and wrote my name at the corner of the page.
  • use of other graphic organizers, symbolism. metaphors or analogies to convey a depth of understanding ~ I met this criteria because I used a Venn Diagram,and  a Fishbone. I also used the butterfly as a metaphor because it transforms from a caterpillar to a butterfly, which signals change.
  • to show a variety of connections (there should be consistency and meaning behind types of lines- eg. thickness, colour, dotted or solid,...)
    • use of connecting phrases or words on the lines to aid in understanding
      ~ I did not do a good job on this one because I only did the chain-link line to represent connections, but I didn't put words on the lines to specify.
  • use of own words to make meaning
    ~ I met this criteria because I put my words in note form instead of sentences.
  • visual images and diagrams that enhance and support textual meaning ~ I used some visual images for Culture, and some for Everyday Life (e.g. a crown to represent royalty, a paint palette for art, etc.)
  • a legend ~ I put a legend on the side of the page.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I Learned & Which I am Most Proud of
~
What I Learned
I learned to create good graphic organizers and to organize information correctly, Those 2 projects were topics that covered a large area of information so it was necessary to organize the info clearly or else no one would be able to read it.  Knowing how to create graphic organizers are also beneficial in the future, because I will be able to study, present, and do other projects with it.
Which I am Most Proud of
Of the 2, I am most proud of my Renaissance one because I thought I wouldn't be able to do it at first. It seemed like such a big and vague topic, and it was hard deciding where to start first. However, I pulled it off and it was better that I expected.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I really like how you addressed elements of the criteria directly and how you met each of them in your self assessment. This is a good way to ensure that you understood the task and expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I really like how you addressed elements of the criteria directly and how you met each of them in your self assessment. This is a good way to ensure that you understood the task and expectations.

    ReplyDelete